I am a SCORE mentor!People can contact me through SCORE for free mentoring. They will become a SCORE client, and I will be a resource for them in that context.
FIRST AND FOREMOST: I will hold in strict confidence all information or discussions between you and me in ALL counseling sessions, including face-to-face, telephone, and email sessions.
I volunteer my time as a SCORE Counselor to share my experience and knowledge with small business entrepreneurs who can benefit from such advice.
What I can do as a SCORE Counselor:
- Listen to your plans and through a questioning process help you to clarify your goals.
- Steer you toward sources to accumulate information and data which will help you to determine the soundness of your plans.
- Offer you written material to aid in setting up a plan which will be the basis of your efforts to realize your goals.
- Be supportive and offer encouragement.
What I cannot do as a SCORE Counselor:
- I cannot tell you what kind of business you should try to establish.
- I cannot make decisions for you.
- I cannot do the work for you.
- I cannot give you money.
What you need to do:Before you contact me or any other SCORE Counselor, you need to know what kind of business you want to explore.
Before you contact me, you should have a basic business plan that includes information like this:
- You should have an idea of the market for your product or services (who, where, how).
- You should have some idea of pricing and projected revenue.
- You should have an idea of what the costs will be to open the door.
- How much of your money you have available to invest and how much you may need to borrow.
- You should also know how much money you will need to live on before your business becomes profitable.
I (and any other SCORE Counselor) can and will direct you to resources that will assist you in developing a business plan that will put the pieces together before you open the door. Through your Counselor, you have access to the experience and expertise of all members of the Chapter.
Your SCORE Counselor will remain available to you for as long as you need support.
Click here to request me as a mentor: SCORE.ORG