Do you know why Teenagers know everything?
It's their perception the world and adulthood.
I learned this several decades ago when my son was a teenager. He was 15, and in his mind he was ready to be an adult.
I looked at the world through his eyes!
- Adults do not have a curfew, they can stay out as long as they like. And, they can go out whenever they choose, too! No planning required.
- Adults can sleep as late as they want.
- Adults do not need money. A major purchase only requires a credit card, and purchases can be made on a whim! (Payments? What are payments?)
- A house (and kitchen) runs itself. Garbage magically gets carried out.
- Electricity is free. You mean water isn't?
- To get a car, an adult only needs to save up for a down payment.
- (Payments? What payments? What's a budget?)
- Adults don't have to make their beds; it's magic.