My Weight Loss:Progress!
I've been recording my weight almost every day for the last six years. I have finally uploaded all that information to MyFitnessPal...
... to see how it looks on a graph that was created by the FitBit app on my desktop computer. It shows, at a glance, how my weight has varied from the end of 2013 to the beginning of 2021.
I've captured a screenshot of the chart, and you can see that my weight in 2021 is at the lowest point since 2014!! (That's the heavy white line at the bottom.) I'm proud of my weight loss since the middle of 2018.
In the 4Q 2019, I started my "intermittent fast" (about where the white line ends), but there is not a significant change in the rate of my weight loss.
Calory Restriction as a Tool
Journaling For Calories
Fasting as a Tool
Food Triggers vs Hunger
Calory Restriction Continues
Types of Fasting
Update: 11 February 2021
- Banana (27 carbs) - I have been eating bananas because they are a good source of potassium and will help alleviate overnight leg cramps.
- English Muffin (24 carbs) - I started these several months solely for the carb/starch content. Considering that this contributes to insulin production, I will eliminate this bread from my diet.
- Pumpkin pie (28 carbs) - this is my treat to myself, and I'm not ready to give it up.
My Future Plans for Losing Weight
- I will continue accountability by recording my daily weigh-ins.
- I will continue to journal my food intake. (More accountability.)
- I will continue my fasting regime. Currently, it's a 22:2-hour split.
- I do not see an extended fast, more than a day
- I am experimenting with shifting the 2 hours from noon to mid-afternoon or early evening.
- I will try a 20:4 and a 16:8 split to see if my lifestyle works for that
- I am not planning on a daily fast less than 16 hours (16:8) split
- Online Articles
- "The 7 Types of Intermittent Fasting, and What to Know About Them"
- "I Tried Extreme Fasting by Eating Once a Day — Here’s What Happened"
- Video Links
- "A Beginners Guide to Intermittent Fasting | Jason Fung"
- "The Obesity Epidemic, Explained (2020)"
- "Why Calories Don't Matter"
- "Intermittent Fasting or Cutting Calories?"
- TedX "Intermittent Fasting: Transformational Technique"
- "World’s largest Fasting Study (2020)"
- "Insulin Resistance Symptoms (WHY YOU CAN'T LOSE WEIGHT!)"
- "15 Intermittent Fasting Mistakes That Make You Gain Weight"
- "Why We Get Fat: Adiposity 101 and an Alternative Hypothesis of Obesity"
- "The truth about intermittent fasting for women"