How to CheatBathroom Scales
Your Daily Weight
Did you know that two cups of morning coffee immediately add one pound to your body? I finally connected the dots on how this affects my daily weight! (PS: It doesn't really matter. Read on...)
I joined Weight Watchers over 20 years ago. At that time, WeightWatchers had two forms of accountability.
- Record everything you ate.
- WeightWatchers assigned a point value to each food, and members were allowed a maximum number of points each day.
- Stand on their scales once a week to measure your weight-loss progress.
A 2013 TEDx talk speaker used a pool noodle to illustrate how your digestive track works. Basically, he said that food passes through you and it is up to your body to extract the nutrients. (https://youtu.be/vuIlsN32WaE?t=483)
Cheating at Weight Watcher's Weekly Weigh-In
- Try to attend early an early meeting.
- Limit food and drink for the 12 hours before, and don't consume anything after waking up until after your session with the scale.
- As much as possible, empty your body of solids and liquids.
- Extra advice: wear the same shoes and clothes that you did the previous in-person weigh-in.