My interest in my family's genealogy is not for the research, but for what it tells me about people in the context of their time whether it's 20 years ago or 200 years ago..
Sunday, July 7, 2019
Tuesday, June 25, 2019
Thursday, June 20, 2019
My TV world was good since I "cut the cord" 4 months ago.
My world was good until Tuesday, when Fox News went away.
I still had CNN, BayNews9, and a handful of other channels. But Fox was not longer available.
... I have just finished an hour on the phone tracking this down, and now I'd like to report what I've learned...
Saturday, June 1, 2019
Friday, May 10, 2019
Tuesday, April 30, 2019
In February, 2019, I "cut the cord" by dropping my cable TV subscription and began using an Internet streaming device.
- All TV broadcasts use digital signals, anyway
- Video quality is the same whether decoded by a cable box or a streaming device
- Streaming devices are available from familiar names
- Roku (stick, premier)
- Amazon (Fire: stick & cube))
- Google (Chromecast)
- Apple TV
- They all have HDMI connections/cables
My Roku Review
I personally use Roku, and here's why...
Saturday, March 16, 2019
Friday, February 15, 2019
Here is my story about dropping Spectrum Cable TV!
I cut the cable but I can still watch more TV than I have time for.
And... I'm saving over $100 per month!!!
Here is what I am now paying:
- $51/mo for 100mps Internet
- I have over 50% more Internet speed
- The hardware (modem/router) is included.
- $23/mo for Spectrum TV app
- I have my BayNews9 channel.
- I have local broadcast stations with no need for an external antenna.
Friday, July 13, 2018
Wednesday, July 11, 2018
- "Write Where You Live | Successful Freelancing at Home Without Driving Yourself and Your Family Crazy" by Elaine Fantle Shimberg (c1999)
- "A Writer's Time | A Guide to the Creative Process, from Vision through Revision" by Kenneth Atchity (c1986)
- For What It's Worth: This is 2018, so these words were written 20 and 30 years ago. The Internet and the success of print-on-demand (POD) self-publishing are new since those books were written, but I felt these books have perspectives and lessons that are still relevant today.